Saturday, April 13, 2013

Walking in the Spirit award of wisdom from John Fenn


Today we have a conference
Today we seek formulas; in the Bible they sought God. Fall in love with the Father and Jesus more than you love the lie, and you'll soon, perhaps gradually even, un-believe the lie by getting to know Love. Spend the time and expend the effort needed to know the Father and our Lord as a lifestyle, not a project. Build a relationship with the Father from within, talk to Him at every occasion - ask 'What do you think of what they said Father?' and 'What do you think about that Father?' and 'Thanks for a beautiful morning Father' and 'Good morning Father, do you have anyone you want me to pray for?' and such - initiate the conversation.

I passed a threshold years ago in my battle with temptations. I didn't say I am perfect, I said I passed a threshold. For years I viewed temptation the standard 'Word of faith' way which goes like this: "Jesus quoted the Word against the devil, so that's all you need to do."

I wish it were that easy, but it does no good quoting the Word if hiding behind that Word is a flesh that still likes to sin.

I hated that grievance, that guilt, that sense of 'here I go again' after sin. One day I realized I loved the fellowship with Him more than I loved the sin. Out of my mouth came, 'Why should I sin and break this wonderful fellowship I have with the Father, and grieve my spirit?'

That was a turning point for me - I had looked into the mirror and saw what I could become. Truly the Mirror is the same, but our reflection changes from glory to glory as we continue therein, by the Spirit.

New series next week: The Holy Spirit. Until then, blessings,
John Fenn

No comments:

Post a Comment