Sunday, May 19, 2013

Elijah Harper passed away & an earthquake happened. Kenny Blacksmith from gathering Nations ministries.


GNI Update May 18, 2013

Yesterday began unlike any other day. It was a day that will not easily be forgotten.

Early this morning I woke up with a flutter in my heart. I came down quietly to sit before the Lord, inquiring about this feeling. After a time of prayer and worship in deep reflection I remembered how in 1997 the late elder Andrew Maracle had come to Ottawa to visit me with a message that I was to carry the message of healing, and reconciliation to the next level in our nation. He prayed for me and left me wondering about his visit and all that was said. A few months later another elder and author, John Sanford, called me early one morning asking to meet with me. We met and he prophetically handed me a crown and a sceptre saying that when the Lord had called him, He had given him a crown and sceptre, and that the Lord had told him these gifts were to be handed down to me. We prayed and once again, I was left alone wondering about this meeting. Shortly thereafter, Elijah Harper also met with me and we talked about the healing and reconciliation needs in Canada. Some months later in a meeting at the National House of Prayer, Ottawa, with leaders and MPs, he turned to me and said: "It's your turn now, to run with the healing and reconciliation in our people and nation. This is as far as I can take it. It's your turn."

The journey since then has not been an easy one, but what a joy it has been to serve the Lord. In 2006, a historic repentance and forgiveness between the First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples gave birth to The Covenant of the First Peoples of Canada as a spiritual foundation in our nation. In 2008, our Prime Minister apologized for the historic wrongs on our people through the Indian Residential School policy; he said: "We are sorry, please forgive us."

It has been said that a genuine apology opens the door to the possibility of forgiveness and reconciliation, and that genuine forgiveness removes the barrier that was created by the offense and opens the door to restoring trust. We can therefore say that a genuine apology always reaches out for forgiveness, and forgiveness sets the stage for meaningful reconciliation. The word of God gives us a divine model to follow: we can forgive others because God has forgiven us for our wrongdoing, through our Savior Jesus' ultimate sacrifice on the cross. If we confess our sins and repent, God is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins. We do have the capacity to forgive through Christ.

In June 12, 2010, at the Forgiven Summit, we did this. We responded to Prime Minister Stephen Harper's request to be forgiven by releasing The Charter of Forgiveness and Freedom. With faith in God this was, and will always be, key and fundamental to restoring trust in our relationships in Canada. We can walk with God again in His garden - we call Canada!

Early yesterday morning, I remembered the many friends I had lost, who had turned against me because of this journey of freedom founded on forgiveness. I ha
not interlaced ping
d even almost lost my own life because of a severe spasm of the heart.

Alone in deep reflection, I remembered how the recent deaths of the late Chief Billy Diamond, Ross Maracle, and Richard Twiss, all who had supported and believed in this journey and who chose to stand by me, had deeply and profoundly affected me.

At 9:00 am, I received word that Elijah Harper had passed on. Upon hearing the news I immediately drove to the hospital to be with his wife Anita and her children. While I was there with them, I realized why I had felt the way I had earlier that morning, and why Elijah had been brought to my mind. I was privileged and honoured to stand with his family at the hospital and to pray for them during this time of the loss of their loved-one.

Elijah will forever be in my heart because he was my good friend. There was a level of trust in our friendship so much so that one day he handed me the baton to run with healing and reconciliation for our people and for our nation. Most of all I thank the Lord for giving me the honour to have co-laboured with him. I will greatly miss Elijah, and I will never forget the stand he took for our people, and for our nation.

An eagle feather has fallen softly and quietly in our nation. We take this moment to honour a brother and a leader in the Kingdom of God here in our nation.

It is never easy to lose a friend. You always find yourself feeling all alone to walk the path ahead of you, and you wonder, is it worth it all?

In March of 1975, Dr. Billy Graham stated, "The Native American is a sleeping giant. He is awakening. The original Americans could become the evangelists who will help win America for Christ!"

We were created for such a time as this! Is there any wonder why we have been under the greatest challenges to date, as we have been in our people and nation?

We must never, ever, give up on the vision and the mission that God has given us. We must press on no matter what! We will take a stand in honour of those who have gone before us, and in honour of our capacity in Christ to achieve whatever is still ahead of us.

Nelson Mandela once said during his darkest hours in prison,"The sight of freedom looming on the horizon should encourage us to redouble our efforts!"

The Stand on June 21-23, 2013 is just around the corner and we need to redouble our efforts. For whatever I've got in time and in life, I know I must continue on with increased effort, and this one sure thing I know - I need you to be with me in Ottawa. Let's do this together to the honour and glory of God. 

Kenny & Louise Blacksmith
www.gatheringnations.ca  info@gatheringnations.ca  
Twitter: @gatheringu 

Gathering Nations International   -   788 Covehead Crescent   -   Ottawa,  -   Ontario   -   K1V 1M3  -   1-613-724-8180




No comments:

Post a Comment